Welcome To North Mankato, MN
Updated September 23, 2021
City of North Mankato Announces Update on Water Conservation Measures
Enforced water conservation measures are now lifted per an update from the DNR
Effective immediately the City of North Mankato is lifting the previous enforcement of water conservation measures, as the state has lifted the drought warning phase for the area.
The City still encourages residents put into action an even/odd water and irrigation plan to continue water conservation habits. The following procedures are still recommended:
- Residents in Lower North Mankato are encouraged to water lawns on even days.
- Residents in Upper North Mankato are encouraged to water lawns on odd days.
- Do not irrigate lawns between the hours of 10:00am and 6:00pm to reduce evaporation.
- Let lawns grow longer.
- Check and repair any leaks in irrigation lines, water softeners, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Run full loads of laundry whenever possible.
- Run dishwashers only when full.
The City will notify residents should the drought warning phase resume. Questions may be directed to City Hall at 507-625-4141.
City of North Mankato
1001 Belgrade Avenue
North Mankato, MN 56003
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.