Automatic Water Meters
The City is not accepting new automatic water meter installation requests at this time, due to meter supply restrictions.
Please note, properties currently on the waiting list will remain on the list and those installations will be completed. Installations for Lower North Mankato rental properties will be completed by December 31st, 2023, in accordance with City Ordinance 154. Any Lower North Mankato rental owners who are not currently on the waiting list should contact City Hall at 507-625-4141. Upper North Mankato rental owners will be given priority for installations starting in summer of 2024. All other properties on the current waiting list will be completed after January 1st, 2024.
The City of North Mankato has limited supply of automatic water meters for purchase until summer of 2024. Priority will be given to new construction and current installation requests. All others should anticipate meters not being available until summer of 2024. Please contact City Hall with any questions.
Automatic Water Meter Memo
The City of North Mankato has transitioned to an automatic read water meter as its new standard meter. As of January 1, 2019, all meters installed as part of a new construction or non-working meters that are being replaced, will be an automatic water meters. If desired, property owners can replace their current manual read meter with an automatic water meter.
What you need to know:
- Property owners are responsible for all associated costs.
- Payment will be due before installation. You will be billed separately for labor.
- The most common residential water meter size is 5/8”.
Cost of automatic water meters (Call for pricing.)
- 5/8" Call for Pricing
- 3/4" Call for Pricing
- 1" Call for Pricing
- 11/2 " Call for Pricing
- The City installation fee is $42/hour per property with a 1 hour minimum, you will be invoiced after installation.
- Water shut-off valves at the meter and at the curb MUST be in working order before installation.
- Property owners can hire a licensed plumber to install in lieu of city staff. The meter must be purchased by a licensed plumber.
- Complete the request form online or at City Hall.
- Meters will be installed in the order they are requested. City crews will contact property owners when the meter is ready for installation.