Welcome To North Mankato, MN
August 3, 2021
Night to Unite will be held on the first Tuesday in August.
Residents of North Mankato are encouraged to put together a neighborhood celebration, turn on the front porch lights, gather with neighbors and friends, get to know one another, catch up on things, play some games with the kids, enjoy a few hot-off-the-grill favorites and build a sense of community.
Neighborhood representatives are asked to register their Night to Unite event, so representatives from the North Mankato Police Department and Fire Department can stop by to visit many of the local celebrations that evening.
July 23, 2021
The City of North Mankato is encouraging water conservation measures, following a letter received by the DNR notifying water suppliers and utilities the state is in the drought warning phase.
Based upon the request from the DNR to complete water reduction strategies, the City requests residents put into action an even/odd water and irrigation plan. The following procedures are recommended:
- Residents in Lower North Mankato are encouraged to water lawns on even days.
- Residents in Upper North Mankato are encouraged to water lawns on odd days.
- Do not irrigate lawns between the hours of 10:00am and 6:00pm to reduce evaporation.
- Let lawns grow longer.
- Check and repair any leaks in irrigation lines, water softeners, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Run full loads of laundry whenever possible.
- Run dishwashers only when full.
The City anticipates the drought warning phase to continue until at the least the third week of August and will notify residents when the warning phase is changed.
City of North Mankato
1001 Belgrade Avenue
North Mankato, MN 56003
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.