The large enclosed shelter that is attached to the bathrooms is available for reservations. This shelter has electricity, a drinking fountain and a large attached deck. A key needs to be picked up for this shelter at City Hall the last business day prior to your event. The fee to rent this shelter is a nonrefundable $100 per day.
The shelter on the edge of the parking lot is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. This shelter has electricity and a drinking fountain nearby.
Map of Wheeler Park
Park Rules and Regulations
- Park Hours are from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Driving or parking on the grass is prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Bonfires are prohibited.
- Snowmobiles and ATVs are not allowed.
- Audio devices may not be played so loud as to interfere with the reasonable use of the park by others.
- Personal grills may be brought in.
- Keg beer is allowed only with a permit. A $30 fee and a $300 deposit are required.
- Dogs are allowed on leashes in Benson Park, Bluff Park and Spring Lake Park only.
- Hog roasts are allowed in the parks on hard-surfaced lots only.
- Golfing is not allowed.