Did you know?
- Smoke alarms should be tested monthly.
- Smoke alarm batteries should be changed at least once a year.
- All smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT: SMOKE ALARMS
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.
- Interconnect your home’s smoke alarms. This way, when one sounds, they all sound.
- Teach children the sound of the smoke alarm and to exit the home/building when it sounds.
- Place alarms on the ceiling. If alarms are placed on the wall they must be no more than 12 inches below the ceiling.
To ask a question:
Use the contact us page at WWW.NORTHMANKATO.COM/FIRE/CONTACT-NORTH-MANKATO-FIRE-DEPARTMENT
Leave a message at 507-625-5378