Home

You are here

Carbon Monoxide

Did you know?

  • Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and invisible gas.
  • Signs of CO poisoning include headache, nausea, fatigue, vomiting and disorientation.
  • Cooking and heating units that burn fuel and are not properly ventilated or malfunction can be a source of CO in the home.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT: CO ALARMS

  • Carbon monoxide alarms should be installed within 10 feet of each sleeping room or inside each sleeping room.
  • Test CO alarms monthly.
  • If a CO alarm sounds and you feel ill, call 911 immediately. If you feel fine, open windows and doors and call your utility company.
  • Clear snow and debris from furnace, dryer vents/tubing, fireplace and oven vents around your home to prevent a CO buildup. 

 

To ask a question:

Use the Contact Us page at www.northmankato.com/fire/contact-north-mankato-fire-department

or

Leave a message at 507-625-5378

Share