Storm Water Management
Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System-MS4
The Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit was created by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) in order to comply with the Clean Water Act. Minnesota Rule 7090.1010 requires that cities with populations over 10,000 people must apply for coverage under the state general permit.
The City was granted coverage under the permit. The City Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) was approved along with the SWPPP.
The City of North Mankato's Erosion & Sediment Control Requirements:
MS4 Program Information:
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency's Watershed.
- Minnesota Department of natural Resource's Watershed Health Assessment Framework.
- Watershed Map Books.
- DNR Natural Resources Healthy Rivers: A Water Course.
- Erosion Control.
- Residential Pollution Prevention Methods.
- Soil Test Information.
The City of North Mankato's Enforcement Response Procedures (ERPs):
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- MN Stormwater Manual
- Center for Watershed Protection
- Minnesota Cities Stormwater Collation (MCSC)
- Minnesota River Basin
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Projects
- Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities
Snow Removal Tips to Improve Water Quality by Salt & Sand Reduction:
MPCA Video on Winter Maintenance for Small Sites
City of North Mankato MS4 and SWPPP Information:
Questions or comments concerning Storm Water and Erosion and Sediment Control issues, contact: