Northside Revivals is a home improvement program which offers incentives to homeowners completing major remodeling projects valued at $20,000 or more. Financial incentives include a grant up to $3,000 and a 50% rebate on your building permit fees.
Properties must be homesteaded, owner-occupied homes at least 50 years old. There are no income or housing value limits for participants of this program.
Eligible improvements include:
- Facade Improvements
- Building an addition
- Building a sunroom
- Finishing previously unfinished space
- Constructing a covered front porch
- Converting an attached garage into livable space
- Major kitchen, bathroom or basement remodels
- Adding a bathroom
- Reconfiguring living space
- Upgrade Exterior Finishes
- Siding, windows, mechanical updates, and roofs qualify only in conjunction with one or more eligible improvements.
This program requires a visit from a consultant to discuss and help plan your remodeling ideas. This service is largely discounted through the Northside Revivals program for a copay of $100.
Projects including two or more exterior upgrades are eligible for a grant up to 10% of the project cost, not to exceed $3,000.
Eligible exterior upgrades include:
- Altering the roofline on the front of the house
- Constructing a covered front porch or entry
- Adding shakes, brick, or stone on the front of the home
- Replacing the front door or garage door if they face the street
- Other elements as approved
Projects that do not include eligible exterior upgrades are limited to a grant of up to 5% of the project cost, not to exceed $1,000.